Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2018/03/14 11:12:17 UTC

contrib/scripting/esx not converted to GitHub?

Hi,

A colleague mentioned that
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/contrib/scripting/esx/ is
not found under https://github.com/apache/ (unless I missed
something).

I forgot how we decided to handle those contrib modules in the
SLING-3987 move to Git - should esx have been converted, or did we
decide to convert on demand later?

The neighboring
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/contrib/scripting/freemarker/
module for example has been converted, to
https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-freemarker

-Bertrand

Re: contrib/scripting/esx not converted to GitHub?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2018-03-15 at 10:26 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...The conversion script missed this for some reason. I'll convert
> > the
> > module tonight or tomorrow...
>
> Thank you Robert! If we have written instructions for such
> conversions
> I'm happy to help next time.

I've written down the steps I use at

  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Move+from+Subversio
n+to+Git#MovefromSubversiontoGit-Migratingamodule

The migration is in progress, now I need to wait for the github
permissions to sync.

Robert

Re: contrib/scripting/esx not converted to GitHub?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Wednesday 14 March 2018 12:12:17 Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Bertrand,

> A colleague mentioned that
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/contrib/scripting/esx/ is
> not found under https://github.com/apache/ (unless I missed
> something).
>
> I forgot how we decided to handle those contrib modules in the
> SLING-3987 move to Git - should esx have been converted, or did we
> decide to convert on demand later?

AFAIR convert on demand.

> The neighboring
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/contrib/scripting/freemarker/
> module for example has been converted, to
> https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-freemarker

That module is under active development – ESX is not.

Regards,
O.