Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Devin Venable <dv...@busprod.com> on 2000/05/26 03:41:35 UTC

bug in DOMString?

FYI.  I posted the following message to the XML-for-C++ discussion board and was directed to take the issue to this group.

We've encountered two problems with the DOMString class so far.

According to documentation the substringData should only return one character in the following example.

(toWrite is an instance of DOMString)
toWrite.substringData(index, 1);

Sometimes it returns a single character and at other times a sequence of characters (the entire string).

Also we noticed a truncation of characters beyond a period in a stringified floating point value. For example the DOMString was created as "444.555" but returned the value later as "444".

Thanks

Note:  Normally I would look into this kind of thing myself but I've got some serious time constraints right now.  So I wanted to do the right thing and at least bring the issue to someone's attention who could do something about it.

Re: bug in DOMString?

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
These DOMString problems don't sound like any that I'm aware
of.  Could you post a bit more information, including

   -  Which version of XML4C
   -  Which platform (OS)
   -  A small bit of sample code that will exhibit the problem.

One thing to watch out for - the XMLCh * string returned by
the rawData function are NOT null terminated.

  Thanks,

      -- Andy

Andy Heninger
IBM XML Technology Group, Cupertino, CA