Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Dy...@Sun.COM on 2008/04/23 23:20:29 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] 10.4.1.3 release candidate

The polls have closed. By unanimous consent and 3 binding PMC
votes, the 10.4.1.3 release candidate has been approved as a
proper release.

Not a ringing endorsement, but approved nonetheless.
(I will place the release artifacts in the mirror directory when
I get the final version of the eclipse plugin).

Here were the +1's (no other votes were cast):

Henri van de Scheur
Rick Hillegas (PMC)
Ole Solberg
Thomas Nielsen
Knut Anders Hatlen (PMC)
John Embretsen
Dyre Tjeldvoll (PMC)

--
dt

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] 10.4.1.3 release candidate

Posted by Manjula Kutty <ma...@gmail.com>.
I thought we have moved the Release date to this Friday, so that I can
finish up the Eclipse plugin testing . Any way I will post both results on
Friday :-)

-Manjula

On 4/23/08, Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/23/08, Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> > > The polls have closed. By unanimous consent and 3 binding PMC
> > > votes, the 10.4.1.3 release candidate has been approved as a
> > > proper release.
> > > Not a ringing endorsement, but approved nonetheless. (I will place the
> > release artifacts in the mirror directory when
> > > I get the final version of the eclipse plugin).
> > >

> > Sorry, I would have voted but I thought the vote was extended until
> Friday.
> > For what it's worth I did some compatibility testing, running modified
> 10.3
> > tests  (10.3.2.1_test branch) against 10.4 with no errors and did some
> basic
> > JMX testing with Jconsole which seemed to go fine.  I am having some
> trouble
> > connecting with SSL programatically, but I suspect user error. So a
> belated
> >
> > +1
> >
> > from me.
> >
> > Kathey
> >

> I was not quite ready to vote, still looking into some issues on
> iseries, would've liked to see if DERBY-3594 & DERBY-3595 are test
> issues or code, as those were the only real regressions I saw over
> 10.3...and I would like to have done some manual
> hardware-crash-and-recovery testing..
> But I feel confident enough in the testing I've done so far to give a
> +0.5.
>
> Myrna

Manjula.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] 10.4.1.3 release candidate

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
Forgot to say...Thx for doing such a good job Dyre!

Myrna

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] 10.4.1.3 release candidate

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
Manjula Kutty <ma...@gmail.com> writes:

> I have attached the new Eclipse plugin with the jira issue DERBY-3563

Thanks, :)

Posted by Manjula Kutty <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have attached the new Eclipse plugin with the jira issue DERBY-3563

Thanks
Manjula

On 4/24/08, Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dyre, first of all, thanks for your hard work and patience with
> multiple RCs. I did some basic testing for Table Functions and didn't
> find anything major other than couple doc things. Based on my testing
> so far, +1. Will continue testing until Friday evening. If I find
> anything, I will follow it up on the list.
>
> thanks,
> Mamta
>
> On 4/23/08, Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com <Dy...@sun.com> wrote:
> > The polls have closed. By unanimous consent and 3 binding PMC
> > votes, the 10.4.1.3 release candidate has been approved as a
> > proper release.
> >
> > Not a ringing endorsement, but approved nonetheless.
> > (I will place the release artifacts in the mirror directory when
> > I get the final version of the eclipse plugin).
> >
> > Here were the +1's (no other votes were cast):
> >
> > Henri van de Scheur
> > Rick Hillegas (PMC)
> > Ole Solberg
> > Thomas Nielsen
> > Knut Anders Hatlen (PMC)
> > John Embretsen
> > Dyre Tjeldvoll (PMC)
> >
> > --
> > dt

Manjula.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] 10.4.1.3 release candidate

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.