Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> on 2004/09/01 04:22:04 UTC

[ANN] Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.0 Released

The Tomcat Team announces the immediate availability of Apache Jakarta Tomcat
5.5.0.

This is the first release of the new Tomcat 5.5 branch, and as such it is not
yet stable. We expect significant additional changes, including possible
changes to packaging, dependencies, and Tomcat internal APIs, before the first
5.5 stable release is made.

Please note that we are still in the process of updating documentation for this
branch. Of special note is the JRE 5.0 requirement: running with JRE 1.4 is
also possible, and instructions are provided with the distribution.

Release notes: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES

Please refer to the change log for the list of changes:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html

Downloads: Binaries: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi Sources:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi

The Apache Jakarta Tomcat Team

Re: [ANN] Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.0 Released

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> The Tomcat Team announces the immediate availability of Apache Jakarta Tomcat
> 5.5.0.

Is there any story on the version number "hyper-jump-to-warp-speed"? 5.0
is current, I can see links to 5.1. Why have you jumped to 5.5? Because
of JDK 1.5?

Nix.

Re: [ANN] Apache Jakarta Tomcat 5.5.0 Released

Posted by guo yingshou <gu...@yahoo.com.cn>.
Great!

But I cann't build it with the downloaded build.xml on
jdk5 beta2. There are some generics related problems
with dbcp compilation. Use jdk1.4_05 to build is ok
but I have to switch to jdk5 to run it.

We run 4 instances of tomcat-5-24 in a cluster
environment in our production system. We met some
problems and looking forward to a better release.

Thanks for your hard work!

Yingshou

 --- Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> 的正文:
> The Tomcat Team announces the immediate availability
> of Apache Jakarta Tomcat
> 5.5.0.
>
> This is the first release of the new Tomcat 5.5
> branch, and as such it is not
> yet stable. We expect significant additional
> changes, including possible
> changes to packaging, dependencies, and Tomcat
> internal APIs, before the first
> 5.5 stable release is made.
>
> Please note that we are still in the process of
> updating documentation for this
> branch. Of special note is the JRE 5.0 requirement:
> running with JRE 1.4 is
> also possible, and instructions are provided with
> the distribution.
>
> Release notes:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/RELEASE-NOTES

> Please refer to the change log for the list of
> changes:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html

> Downloads: Binaries:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi Sources: