Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anand Kulkarni <An...@synechron.com> on 2008/07/15 05:48:27 UTC

[users@httpd] How to override Apache default headers?

Hi,

I am using mod_proxy to establish proxy communication between TCP client
and TCP server.

When I send request from client to server through Apache as proxy,
Apache adds the following headers automatically:

POST / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.56.17:9801

How can I ask Apache not to send such headers to the TCP server?

-Anand

Re: [users@httpd] How to override Apache default headers?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Anand Kulkarni <An...@synechron.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using mod_proxy to establish proxy communication between TCP client and
> TCP server.
>
> When I send request from client to server through Apache as proxy, Apache
> adds the following headers automatically:
>
> POST / HTTP/1.1
> Host: 192.168.56.17:9801
>
> How can I ask Apache not to send such headers to the TCP server?

You can't really suppress them.  If you're using mod_proxy_http with
something that doesn't talk HTTP you're probably on the wrong path.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com