Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Carolyn Duby <cd...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/09/25 13:49:37 UTC

Suricata parser

Is anyone working on a Suricata parser?

https://suricata-ids.org/

I was not able to find an enhancement request for it.

Thanks
Carolyn

Re: Suricata parser

Posted by Simon Elliston Ball <si...@simonellistonball.com>.
Suricata will quite happily produce json (http://suricata.readthedocs.io/en/latest/output/eve/eve-json-output.html <http://suricata.readthedocs.io/en/latest/output/eve/eve-json-output.html>) , which works nicely in the the JSONMapParser. You can then use simple field transformations from that map. That said I have seen a few people working on suricata specific parsers to make this even easier.

Simon

Re: Suricata parser

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.

--