Posted to users@sling.apache.org by anjan <po...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/23 08:19:07 UTC

Checkout latest stable version

Hi, I would like to get the latest *stable* version of Sling source code and
build it.  But how do I know revision number to checkout from SVN.  When I
go to https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-trunk-1.6/ I only see details
related to few builds and all the latest builds seem to be failed/unstable.
Please advice.
- Anjan

Re: Checkout latest stable version

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@lmn.ro>.
> Secondly, when is Sling 7 expected to be released?
> - Anjan

Hi Anjan,

See the discussion at http://markmail.org/thread/hct2k7ijcnz4pzq7 .
Spoiler: build needs to be green :-)

Robert

--
Sent from my (old) computer

Re: Checkout latest stable version

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Bertrand for the prompt reply.  I will keep an eye on Jenkins for
the green build.  Secondly, when is Sling 7 expected to be released?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM, anjan <po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I would like to get the latest *stable* version of Sling source code and
> build it...

If by stable you mean the last revision that passed all tests, we
don't have an automated way to find that out at the moment.

> go to https://builds.apache.org/job/sling-trunk-1.6/ I only see details
> related to few builds and all the latest builds seem to be failed/unstable...

You'd need to go back until you find a build that passes all tests,
and find out from the jenkins log info which revision it was built
on...but unfortunately there are no green builds there ATM - according
to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2876 the upgrade to
org.apache.felix.scr 1.6.2 might be the culprit.

-Bertrand