Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Aritra Karak <ar...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/31 08:38:17 UTC

Installation bundle for Apache NetBeans 10.0 for Windows

Dear community,

I would like to draw your kind attention towards my creation bundle for
Apache NetBeans 10.0 for Windows. Recently after the release of Apache
NetBeans 10.0, I, Aritra Karak, decided to make an installation bundle for
both Windows 32-bit and 64-bit. The installation bundle is made using the Inno
Setup Compiler <http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php> which is a free
software script-driven installation system created in Delphi by Jordan
Russell. The bundle is created completely directly from the raw zipped
downloadable binaries provided in the Download
<https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb100/nb100.html> section of the
Apache NetBeans website and nothing more than that. I was inspired from the
Note (about the  Apache NetBeans community member Carl Mosca making a Mac
OSX installation bundle available) that was given before downloading Apache
NetBeans 9.0. The main idea behind creating the installers is for easy
NetBeans 10.0 installation on Windows.

Some salient features of the installers :

   1. Supports for both 32-bit as well as 64-bit of Windows.
   2. Easy to install with flexible configurations.
   3. Displays properly the LICENSE Agreement, the DISCLAIMER, and the
   NOTICE during installation.
   4. Installation folder can be easily changed according to the user’s
   preference.
   5. Installation is quick and fast.
   6. A desktop shortcut can be created. (Please create the shortcut and
   after installation move the mouse over the shortcut to see a popup saying
   ‘The Smart Way to Code’ 😊 )
   7. In Control Panel > Programs and Features on selecting the software
   shows all the important information at the bottom.
   8. There are proper links for Support, Help and Update Information at
   the bottom.

Please find the download link for the zip containing Apache NetBeans 10.0
installation bundles for both 32-bit and 64-bit of Windows below.

(Note: Please extract the installers from the zip to a suitable place and
then only start the installation.)

File Name = NetBeans10.0_Installers_Windows.zip

File Type = Compressed Archive Zip (.zip)

File Size = 293.27 MB

MD5 Hash = F988F3373F583F1505E2DCCD46B8AE28

SHA1 Hash = B9DCE87D7AAF092F7C638FC9E58ED93AA7690AF0

SHA-256 Hash =
8C185BF6475DB3670E172C16CB3651FFE09024168DF848BAD19AFA561F03F2B0

Download Link (MediaFire) =
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ltdrglyptdavl6/NetBeans10.0_Installers_Windows.zip/file

Hope you like the installation bundles!

(In my case, I have Windows 10 64-bit but the 32-bit version of
netbeans.exe was only working, the 64-bit version of netbeans64.exe was not
opening and was dumping error logs.)

I have kept the Publisher as ‘The Apache Software Foundation’. If any
change is needed anywhere, please tell me. I will surely try to fix that.

Regards,

Aritra Karak

<ar...@gmail.com>

Re: Installation bundle for Apache NetBeans 10.0 for Windows

Posted by Oliver Rettig <Ol...@orat.de>.
Hi Neil,

thanks for sharing your script and the link to it. It is a long time ago I have used InnoSetup
for nb platform apps. There was a problem with acces rights during installation in the it-
infrastructure of Heidelberg university. So I switched back to the netbeans own installer
architecture. A preinstalled JRE was no problem in this context. But I think it is a good idea to
try it again.

Also your instructions to create a debian bundle is intersting. I havnt tried to create such
bundles for my linux customers.

best wishes for 2019
Oliver

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Rettig <Ol...@orat.de>.
Dear Aritra Karak,

do you like to share the scripts to create the installers? I am interested in comparing
different installers for my netbeans platform apps.

best regards
Oliver

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
Nice work!