Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Roland <ro...@redvision.de> on 2008/07/15 22:41:14 UTC

EFT accounts

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how EftAccount.accountType should work, via the
"createEftAccount" Service I can put anything in that field (but it's
required).
Using it via party manager, it depends on language settings, what ends
up inside the database (English: Checking/Savings; German: Girokonto ...)
As far as i understand English terms in this situation: aren't 'Savings'
and 'EFT' incompatible (at least the German translations are, a Savings
account in Germany can not be part of an EFT transaction).
Wouldn't it be more correct to drop the accountType field and (if
needed) add a new paymentMethodType?

Another more general thing:
Is anyone doing some kind of processing with the EftAccount entity?
Something like a PaymentGateway processor for EFT accounts? special
interest is in German versions :)

i found that via google:
http://svn.ofbiz.org/viewcvs/trunk/specialized/opentravelsystem/src/org/ofbiz/opentravelsystem/mt940.java?rev=6989&view=auto
does anyone use this, or this kind of statement loaders for matching
payments in ofbiz?

Greetings,
Roland

Re: EFT accounts

Posted by Roland <ro...@redvision.de>.
Hi Christian,

yes, I already looked around for DTA implementations, there is one LGPL where
it's worth to take a look:
http://www.jdtaus.org/

Maybe we should discuss about implementation? I'll need at least another 2-4
weeks before work can start here...

--Roland

Re: EFT accounts

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Roland schrieb:
> Hi all,

[..]

--
Christian

Re: EFT accounts

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
sorry had to go back and read the orginal email.
[I'm trying to figure out how EftAccount.accountType should work, via
the "createEftAccount" Service I can put anything in that field (but
it's required).
Using it via party manager, it depends on language settings, what ends
up inside the database (English: Checking/Savings; German: Girokonto ...)
]
not sure  paymentMethodType fits, since EftAccount is a type of account,
maybe a new ETFAccountType  with a many to one for EftAccount, since you
can have more than one type of account to draw ETF from.

Roland sent the following on 7/17/2008 6:45 AM:

Re: EFT accounts

Posted by Roland <ro...@redvision.de>.
Hi BJ,

Re: EFT accounts

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
it varies by bank. I have two accounts and one allows eft from savings
and one does not.
I don't believe there is an EFT processor as such in ofbiz, only
alwaysApproveEFTProcessor
and
testEFTProcessor

I would say that it depends on the gateway providers and the banks
chosen as to weather it is acceptable or not.
and the service that is written to deal with the gateway.

BTW specialized folder is now the specialpurpose folder and
opentravelsystem is no longer in there

However you can talk to hans, who is the orgninator of opentravelsystem

Roland sent the following on 7/15/2008 1:41 PM: