Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 20:00:23 UTC

start.properties default values

The normal convention for unix property files is to show the default
values commented out.  The start.properties file seems to have a mix
of default values and example values commented out (see below)

Should we follow the unix convention and display only default values?

####
# OFBiz Startup Application Settings
####

# --- By default we will locate the file using the java.home set by
java (executable)
#java.tools.jar=
#java.tools.jar.required=false

# --- By default we will use the current directory
#ofbiz.home=

# --- Set these for shutting down when running as background process
#ofbiz.admin.host=127.0.0.1
#ofbiz.admin.port=10523
#ofbiz.admin.key=so3du5kasd5dn

# --- External Base configuration files (relative to ofbiz.home)
#ofbiz.base.config=framework/base/config

# --- External Base schema files (relative to ofbiz.home)
#ofbiz.base.schema=framework/base/dtd

# --- External Base libraries (relative to ofbiz.home)
#ofbiz.base.lib=framework/base/lib

# --- Base Jar [ofbiz-base.jar] (relative to ofbiz.home)
#ofbiz.base.jar=framework/base/build/lib/ofbiz-base.jar

# --- Default logs directory (relative to ofbiz.home)
#ofbiz.log.dir=runtime/logs

# --- Location (relative to ofbiz.home) for (normal) container configuration
#ofbiz.container.config=framework/base/config/ofbiz-containers.xml

Re: start.properties default values

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Is there any reasons why we have

# Default Settings
#cache.file.store=runtime/data/utilcache
#default.maxSize=0
#default.expireTime=0
#default.useSoftReference=false

# No maxSize for properties.UtilPropertiesResourceCache
properties.UtilPropertiesResourceCache.maxSize=0
properties.UtilPropertiesResourceCache.expireTime=0

# No maxSize for properties.UtilPropertiesUrlCache
properties.UtilPropertiesUrlCache.maxSize=0
properties.UtilPropertiesUrlCache.expireTime=0

Since the values for UtilPropertiesResourceCache and UtilPropertiesUrlCache are the same than defaults, they are useless. Only there
as examples?

Then we could follow Chris's advice below also there

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Chris,