Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/03/13 08:36:09 UTC

Re: WHATSNEW file - was: Re: Missing cocoon.xconf compiler parameter

From: "Stuart Roebuck" <st...@mac.com>

> Yes, I confess I'd forgotten about the changes.xml file.  It isn't very
> accessible, so I tend to do a cvs2cl on the CVS repository to get the
> same information with the benefit of it being comprehensive, listing all
> source files affected, and providing date information.
>
> I think a human readable (please - no debate on the human readability of
> XML!) file focusing on providing slightly more extensive explanations of
> changes which impact on configuration would be a very valuable part of
> the documentation issues of moving Cocoon into the mainstream.  In fact,
> you could save a bit of work by throwing out changes.xml - and
> generating it automatically with cvs2cl (I think it can output XML - but
> I've never tried it), then using the spare time to keep WHATSNEW up to
> date! ;)

:-)

I'm cross-posting this to forrest-dev because we are deciding right now on
this point.
I would suggest you to subscribe there, so you can follow the discussion.

We need many different point of view, and I see you have valuable
argumentations.

Come on guys, get on Forrest and help build the new xml.apache site with
Cocoon! :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -