Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com> on 2015/01/09 09:41:26 UTC

Re: [Blog] Introduction to Apache Stratos Mock IaaS

Hi Imesh,

I built Stratos and started it on the Mock IaaS. I should say it makes life
so much easier for people like me :)

I documented the step by step process of using the Mock IaaS in the wiki
[1] and also mentioned how users can use the existing samples to test
Stratos on the Mock IaaS. Please let me when these samples are moved to the
Stratos Git, so that I can update the wiki [1].

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0+Working+with+the+Mock+IaaS

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 4:29 AM, John Mathon <jo...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Lakmal, this is amazing. It will not only allow us to test Stratos better
>> and faster and encourage others to contribute but it is potentially an
>> engine for us to test cartridges against future versions of Stratos as well
>> as different versions of similar cartridges against one Stratos version.
>> We should create a catalog of such basic health tests and provide a library
>> with the cartridges and automation to run the tests.  These are the kinds
>> of features CIOs will love. :)
>>

> +1 John, yes we simply can use this for health test.
>

>> (iph)
>>
>> On Dec 23, 2014, at 7:16 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks everyone! Hope it helped all of us to do the development.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Added the content in [1] and added a note in [2] pointing off to the
>>> Stratos mock IaaS docs.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0-Alpha+Apache+Stratos+Mock+IaaS
>>> [2]

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Devs,

Please note that we have now disabled Mock IaaS in default distribution to
make sure that it does not run in a production environment.

Please enable it when needed via following configuration file:
<stratos-home>/repository/conf/mock-iaas.xml

<mock-iaas enabled="true">
</mock-iaas>

Thanks

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.