Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de> on 2014/10/06 20:50:33 UTC

Administrivia (was: Re: recent channel update woes)

On Mon, 2014-10-06 at 13:36 -0400, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> On 10/6/2014 1:23 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> > On 10/6/2014 1:11 PM, Jason Goldberg wrote:

> > > How to i get removed from this stupid list.
> > >
> > > I love begin spammed by a list about spam which i did not signup for.
> >
> > Email users-help@spamassassin.apache.org and the system will mail you
> > instructions.
> >
> > If you did not sign up for the list, that is very troublesome and we
> > can ask infrastructure to research but I believe we have a
> > confirmation email requirement to get on the list.

First of all: Jason's posts are stuck in moderation. The sender address
he uses is not the one he subscribed with.

Sidney and I (both list moderators) have been contacting Jason off-list
with detailed instructions how to find the subscribed address and
offering further help.

> Obviously we take this very seriously as anti-spammers because the
> definition I follow for spam is it's about consent not content.  If you
> didn't consent to receive these emails, we have a major issue.

The list server requires clear and active confirmation of the
subscription request by mail, validating both the address as well as
consent.

> I've confirmed we have a confirmation email process in place that
> requires the subscribee to confirm the subscription request.  And I
> believe this has been in place for many years.  So if you did not
> subscribe to the list or confirm the subscription, you may need to check
> if your email address credentials have been compromised as that's the
> second most likely scenario for the cause beyond an administrator adding
> you directly.
>
> Karsten, any thoughts other than if a list administrator added them
> directly?   Have infrastructure check the records for when and how the
> subscriber was added?  Open a ticket with Google?

He has not been added by a list administrator.

Without the subscribed address, there is absolutely nothing we can do. I
grepped the subscription list and transaction logs for parts of Jason's
name and company. The address in question is entirely different.

Just to give some answers. This issue should further be handled
off-list.

Re: Administrivia

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 10/6/2014 2:50 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> Just to give some answers. This issue should further be handled
> off-list.
Thanks for your $0.02. I hate being accused of spamming...