Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jchappelle <jc...@4redi.com> on 2008/11/03 20:56:20 UTC

QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy question

I have the following code:

		PageParameters parms = new PageParameters();
		parms.put("answerId", Long.toString(answer.getEntityId()));
		add(new BookmarkablePageLink("edit", EditBlogEntryPage.class, parms));

In my Application init method I have:

		mount(new QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy("answerdetails",
EditBlogEntryPage.class));

When I click the edit link to get to my page my URL looks like:

http://localhost/robojot/answerdetails/?x=SvX0Lakly72TaK8AnLyL*A

Can someone tell me why it doesn't look like the following:
/answerdetails?answerId=123

Thanks

Re: QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy question

Posted by "Philip A. Chapman" <pc...@pcsw.us>.
Martijn,

I'm not sure I understand the answer.  He specified that he was using
QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy.  That class does not inherit from
CryptedUrlEncodingStrategy  I've seen the same behavior that the
grand-parent wrote about.

Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> don't use cryptedurlencodingstrategy. That will encrypt your URLs.
>
> Martijn
> On 11/3/08, jchappelle <jc...@4redi.com> wrote:
>> I have the following code:
>>
>> 		PageParameters parms = new PageParameters();
>> 		parms.put("answerId", Long.toString(answer.getEntityId()));
>> 		add(new BookmarkablePageLink("edit", EditBlogEntryPage.class, parms));
>>
>> In my Application init method I have:
>>
>> 		mount(new QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy("answerdetails",
>> EditBlogEntryPage.class));
>>
>> When I click the edit link to get to my page my URL looks like:
>>
>> http://localhost/robojot/answerdetails/?x=SvX0Lakly72TaK8AnLyL*A
>>
>> Can someone tell me why it doesn't look like the following:
>> /answerdetails?answerId=123
>>
>> Thanks
>> --

Philip A. Chapman

Desktop, Web Application, and Enterprise Development
Phone: 251-275-6237

Re: QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy question

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
don't use cryptedurlencodingstrategy. That will encrypt your URLs.

Martijn
On 11/3/08, jchappelle <jc...@4redi.com> wrote:

> I have the following code:
>
> 		PageParameters parms = new PageParameters();
> 		parms.put("answerId", Long.toString(answer.getEntityId()));
> 		add(new BookmarkablePageLink("edit", EditBlogEntryPage.class, parms));
>
> In my Application init method I have:
>
> 		mount(new QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy("answerdetails",
> EditBlogEntryPage.class));
>
> When I click the edit link to get to my page my URL looks like:
>
> http://localhost/robojot/answerdetails/?x=SvX0Lakly72TaK8AnLyL*A
>
> Can someone tell me why it doesn't look like the following:
> /answerdetails?answerId=123
>
> Thanks

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released