Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicholas Papadonis <ni...@gmail.com> on 2023/07/24 23:20:40 UTC

Tomcat 9 installation, problems accessing /docs and /examples

I tried using the following Docker images to install Tomcat 9:
tomcat:9.0.78-jdk21-openjdk-bookworm
tomcat:9 (results in the same with jdk17)

I configured the admin user/pw and can access the mgmt console, however I
am having problems accessing /docs and /examples, which result in 404
errors.  I copied over the tomcat/webapps folder from the github tomcat-9.x
branch to the container.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?  I suspect getting at the
docs should be almost standard configuration.

The logs show this:

24-Jul-2023 22:04:31.520 SEVERE [Catalina-utility-1]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
.listenerStart Error configuring application listener of class
[listeners.ContextListener]
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: listeners.ContextListener

	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: async.AsyncStockContextListener
		at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoad
erBase.java:1412)

24-Jul-2023 22:12:44.739 SEVERE [Catalina-utility-1]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
.listenerStart Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)

Re: Tomcat 9 installation, problems accessing /docs and /examples

Posted by Nicholas Papadonis <ni...@gmail.com>.
Problem resolved:
mv /usr/local/tomcat/webapps.dist /usr/local/tomcat/webapps

I'm assuming the directory from github required a build.