Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz> on 2014/06/02 22:35:05 UTC

Clearing ResourceBundle cache

Dear All,

in my Java webapp I switched to UTF-8 encoded properties files.

I've implemented a custom ResourceBundle
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3645491/i18n-with-utf-8-encoded-propertie
s-files-in-jsf-2-0-appliaction

but my strings are still displayed incorrectly. The original ASCII ones seem
to be somehow cached. It is discussed in this thread
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9819999/how-to-clear-resourcebundle-cache

but I haven't succeed yet. I run this app on Win7/JDK8/tomcat 8.0.3/Netbeans
IDE 8

I do not need to clear this cache programatically. Is there any manual way
to force tomcat/mojarra to use newer resource version?

Thanks, Jan

RE: Clearing ResourceBundle cache

Posted by Jan Tosovsky <j....@email.cz>.
On 2014-06-02 Jan Tosovsky wrote:

> in my Java webapp I switched to UTF-8 encoded properties files.
>
> I've implemented a custom ResourceBundle
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3645491/i18n-with-utf-8-encoded-
> properties-files-in-jsf-2-0-appliaction
>
> but my strings are still displayed incorrectly. The original ASCII ones
> seem to be somehow cached. It is discussed in this thread
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9819999/how-to-clear-resourcebundle-
> cache
>
> but I haven't succeed yet.

Finally I got rid of chached values by simple call
ResourceBundle.clearCache();
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/java/util/resourcebundle_clearcache.htm

Now it works as expected.

Regards, Jan