Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2008/01/04 15:48:10 UTC

Publishing SVN changes on the website

Hi Lenya devs,

IMO the effort/benefit ratio of generating the list of SVN changes for
our website is quite arguable. Can we make this more user-friendly, i.e.
automated?

Or maybe it would be sufficient to publish a link to the commit list
archive or Ohloh?

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-commits/
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4256/commits

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Publishing SVN changes on the website

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> IMO the effort/benefit ratio of generating the list of SVN changes for
> our website is quite arguable. Can we make this more user-friendly, i.e.
> automated?

I wrote a little usecase class which generates monthly changes documents
using SVNKit. The revision of the last update is stored in the meta
data, updating is a matter of two mouse clicks.

http://lenya.zones.apache.org:9999/docu/authoring/project-information/changes/2008/0.html

I just noticed that the month number in the URL isn't human-readable
yet, but this will be easy to fix.

Unfortunately I can't check in the usecase yet, since it needed some
little changes to the site management API (add sitetree links without
UUIDs).

-- Andreas

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 15:48 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> IMO the effort/benefit ratio of generating the list of SVN changes for
> our website is quite arguable. Can we make this more user-friendly, i.e.
> automated?

Gregor introduced the svn log originally. We are using it instead of a
status.xml like e.g.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html.

> Or maybe it would be sufficient to publish a link to the commit list
> archive or Ohloh?
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-commits/
> http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4256/commits

We can do this but at the same time we would need to start to use the
status.xml file again and add our changes explicitly there. Which IMO
will help a lot for the release note, because our current system is not
useful for it.

salu2

Re: Publishing SVN changes on the website

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Jürgen Ragaller wrote:

> Am 04.01.2008 um 15:48 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:
>>
>> Or maybe it would be sufficient to publish a link to the commit list
>> archive or Ohloh?

+1

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

  - Ken Thompson.

Re: Publishing SVN changes on the website

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@null-oder-eins.ch>.

Am 04.01.2008 um 15:48 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:

> Or maybe it would be sufficient to publish a link to the commit list
> archive or Ohloh?
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lenya-commits/
> http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4256/commits

+1