Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com> on 2011/04/20 15:03:43 UTC

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

 Using hbase-0.90.2..(sigh..) Any tip? thanks

    at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
    at java.util.ArrayList.remove(ArrayList.java:387)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatchOfPuts(HConnectionManager.java:1257)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:822)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.doPut(HTable.java:678)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:663)

Re: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Are you sharing a single HTable between multiple threads that do puts?

J-D

Posted by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com>.
 Thanks..we have the same exact code that process 700 million puts per day in 0.20.6
from a tomcat servlet (each thread creates new HTable, does 1 put & closes)

..in 0.90.2..we changed just the API whose signature changed (mainly HTable)..it crawls
..each/most requests taking well over 2 sec..we can't keep up with even 1/10 th of
production load.

everything in the cluster is identical 20 node cluster..

That is impressive performance..from async..Thanks for the tip..i'll give it a try (assuming
it would work with 0.90.2)

Posted by tsuna <ts...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com>.

 sorry..yeah..that's dumb of me..clearly i'm not thinking anything..just frustrated with upgrade
thx

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

RE: HTable not thread safe

Posted by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com>.
Thanks, I'll do that. I need to redesign my client to be multi-threaded so it's a good time to look at it.

-Pete

Posted by tsuna <ts...@gmail.com>.

RE: HTable not thread safe

Posted by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com>.
Sorry, my bad, I assumed each thread would have its own Table instance not using a shared instance.

Thanks

-Pete

Each thread should maintain its own HTable instance.

Re: HTable not thread safe

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

HTable not thread safe

Posted by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com>.