Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/06 21:16:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.0.1 [Based on RC2]

Second try for 3.0.1 :)

Three changes - fixed version for the archive files, proper fix to
LANG-727 and missing javadoc implemented.

RC2 is available here:

 http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/

SVN:

 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_0_1_RC2/

Maven artifacts:

 http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/maven/

Note that I won't be deploying this per se - I'll wrap the items in
the directory into a bundle and upload that to Nexus (as I did with
3.0).

Website:

 http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/site/

Note that this should be used to consider the various project reports.
I'll write the content regarding the release as a part of the release
[3.0.1 is out yada yada] and we can tweak post-release.

This vote will close no sooner than in 72 hours time, 2000 GMT 9 August 2011.

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.0.1 [Based on RC2]

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely :)

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Re: [RESULT] Release Commons Lang 3.0.1 [Based on RC2]

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Site ready:

    http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/site/

Saw some minor improvements to my build script (namely next time I'll
just show a bundle jar instead of a maven directory for voting).

Two other obvious scripts are:

1) Deploying the code to various locations.
2) Updating from 3.0 to 3.0.1.

The latter would have avoided the 3.0.1-RC1 issue that Gary found.

Hen

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Second try for 3.0.1 :)
>
> Three changes - fixed version for the archive files, proper fix to
> LANG-727 and missing javadoc implemented.
>
> RC2 is available here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/
>
> SVN:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_0_1_RC2/
>
> Maven artifacts:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/maven/
>
> Note that I won't be deploying this per se - I'll wrap the items in
> the directory into a bundle and upload that to Nexus (as I did with
> 3.0).
>
> Website:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/site/
>
> Note that this should be used to consider the various project reports.
> I'll write the content regarding the release as a part of the release
> [3.0.1 is out yada yada] and we can tweak post-release.
>
> This vote will close no sooner than in 72 hours time, 2000 GMT 9 August
> 2011.
>
> ================
>  [ ] +1
>  [ ] -1, with reason
> ================

+1

Build on my compiler zoo :)

- Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.0.1 [Based on RC2]

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 3:43 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 August 2011 22:59, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Oliver Heger
>> <ol...@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>>> Maven build works fine on Windows 7 with Java 1.5 and 1.6. I also tested the
>>> ant build successfully. Artifacts and site look good.
>>>
>>> Minor nits:
>>> - The release notes contain some XML entities (&lt; &gt;) which is a bit
>>> strange because it is a plain text file.
>>
>> C+P error :(
>>
>> It'd be nice to have the release notes generated from the changes.xml.
>
> Have a look at Math (and Net, I think) for VM file changes to make the
> RN format nicer.

Thanks :)

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.0.1 [Based on RC2]

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 06/08/2011 21:16, Henri Yandell a écrit :
> Second try for 3.0.1 :)
>
> Three changes - fixed version for the archive files, proper fix to
> LANG-727 and missing javadoc implemented.
>
> RC2 is available here:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/
>
> SVN:
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_0_1_RC2/
>
> Maven artifacts:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/maven/
>
> Note that I won't be deploying this per se - I'll wrap the items in
> the directory into a bundle and upload that to Nexus (as I did with
> 3.0).
>
> Website:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-lang3-3.0.1-RC2/site/
>
> Note that this should be used to consider the various project reports.
> I'll write the content regarding the release as a part of the release
> [3.0.1 is out yada yada] and we can tweak post-release.
>
> This vote will close no sooner than in 72 hours time, 2000 GMT 9 August 2011.

>   [X] +1

Luc