Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Setya <js...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/24 07:24:59 UTC

JMeter UI freezes on startup when jar in its classpath is huge

Hi all,

I include weblogic.jar which size is 51MB in JMeter's lib/ext folder which
results in JMeter UI freezing on startup. I've tried adjusting the memory
setting using "-Xms512m -Xmx512m" or more, but this doesn't help. The
problem is that weblogic.jar is needed in order my EJB test to run so I
simply can not exclude it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Setya

Re: JMeter UI freezes on startup when jar in its classpath is huge

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
In addition such jars should only be in jmeter/lib not lib/ext

regards
deepak

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
what are you getting in the logs? Also as mentioned move your jars to the
lib directory (that should be able to prevent the startup  freeze).
If you arent getting anything then run jmeter with console (jmeter.cmd) and
take a threaddump (ctrl + pause break on the console window i.e. the command
prompt)  and see what its waiting on..

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi

Posted by Setya <js...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've managed to launch JMeter without freezing after adding "-Xms512m
-Xmx512m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m" albeit very slowly, still
some advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Setya