Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Chathuri Wimalasena <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/29 21:04:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.14 RC2

Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.14 release candidate.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating
the release, please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release,
please post your vote to the VOTE thread.

For reference, the Apache release guide  -
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some tips to validate the release before you vote:

* Download the binary version and run the XBaya Quick Start tutorial
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/XBAYA+Quick-Start+Tutorial>
as described in README
* Download the source files from compressed files and release tag and
build (which includes tests).
* Verify the distribution for the required LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verify if all the staged files are signed and the signature is verifiable.
* Verify if the signing key in the project's KEYS file is hosted on a
public server

Thanks for your time in validating the release and voting,

Chathuri
(On Behalf of Airavata PMC)

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.14 RC2

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
Thanks, Supun. If everything looks good, please vote +1 on the vote thread.

Marlon

Posted by Chathuri Wimalasena <ka...@gmail.com>.
I did following tests.

   - Ran xbaya samples (add, echo etc) successfully
   - Built airavata 0.14 source in clean repo with tests successfully.

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:

> Assuming Chathuri also votes +1, we still need one more PMC member's +1 to
> pass.
>
> Thanks--
>
> Marlon
>

> On 1/7/15 3:49 AM, Sachith Withana wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was able to
>> -complete the XBaya quickstart guide successfully using the binaries
>> - build the source release with tests using a clean maven repo
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:22 AM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>  I also built the source from scratch using an alternative maven
>>> repository
>>> location (mvn clean install -Dmaven.repo.local=./m2) with no problems.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I was able to
-complete the XBaya quickstart guide successfully using the binaries
- build the source release with tests using a clean maven repo

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:22 AM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:

> I also built the source from scratch using an alternative maven repository
> location (mvn clean install -Dmaven.repo.local=./m2) with no problems.  The
> quick start tutorial looked fine.
>
> I did not go into each of the binary distributions, so  someone should
> take a look at these.
>
> Marlon
>
> On 1/6/15 3:58 PM, Marlon Pierce wrote:
>
>> I have checked signatures and hashes (.sh1, .asc, and .md5). These look
>> good.
>>
>> Marlon
>>
>> On 1/5/15 7:13 PM, Supun Nakandala wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I was able to successfully run the XBaya Quick Start tutorial and build
>>> the
>>> source including tests.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena <
>>> kamalasini@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.14 release candidate.

Sachith Withana

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.14 RC2

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

--
Thank you
Supun Nakandala

Fwd: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata release 0.14 RC2