Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt> on 2002/03/20 21:38:26 UTC

[SimpleStore] Documentation

Hi,
Started to write documentation for SimpleStore,
Maybe somebody wants to help fix me mistakes in documentation ?
My English is not very good.
Simplestore become more user frienly, It works in EOB (used to implement
persistence
 for Forum example forked from Velocity ) It was very good test for
SimpleStore
and now it is possible to start use, try it.
We wait comments (negatyve are the most important).

RE: [SimpleStore] Documentation

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

>glad to see you !!!

Have some private duties in the moment. Therefor
less time for OSS.

>TODO :
>1) Documentation.

I'll review your Documentation.

>2) XA Resource support ?.
>3) New storage types : Apache Xindice . We have SQL and BTree at this
>ime.( LDAP ?)
>4) Locking , pesimistic transactions ?
>I am not sure about security, It can be too many for simplestore.
>It is started to become not simple, but still simple to use it :)
>And I am still not sure we need to implement a lot of storage types in this
>project. may be it is better to provide minimal set of storage types as
>reference implementation, and to setup new project for extentions
>(sourceforge) ? It because I think commons is for common code.

Good idea to to generate Subprojects on Sourceforge. Cocoon does this too.
I prefer a small and solid base.

BTW:
Kool work dude and you went most of the way alone. Much Respect!!

Greets
  ~Gerhard

Re: [SimpleStore] Documentation

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.