Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/03 04:54:41 UTC

Change layout from default.vm to another

I was wondering how one could change the default layout from default.vm to
another on the fly.  Looking at the TurbineRunData, there are 3 methods that
can change templates during execution.

setLayout -- I have successfully used this.  The only drawback is that it
requires a class file to define the layout
setScreenTemplate -- changes the screen template, but still uses the default
layout
setLayoutTemplate --  I have tried to use this, but I have seen the layout
change

I noticed the portlet preview in the customzier, and it does change the
layout.  As far as I can tell, it seems that you must have a layout named
preview as well as a screen with the name of preview as well.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jeremy Ford