Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alex Pasialis <ap...@hotmail.com> on 2013/08/02 08:54:53 UTC

FW: Tapestry 5.4 - Question about Autocomplete

Hi,

I have upgraded to Tapestry 5.4 and I have a problem extending the Autocomplete mixin:

in java:
void afterRender() {
        javaScriptSupport_.require("bla")
                .priority(InitializationPriority.LATE).with(getParameters());
}

in bla.js:
define([ "jquery"], function() {
    return function(parameters) {
    var field = jQuery("#" + parameters.fieldId);
     field.autocomplete({
           select: function(e, ui) {
                 //do stuff
            },

            change: function(e, ui) {
                //do stuff
             }
      });
}
 });

Before I was using the "Tapestry5-jQuery" library and it worked fine. But now I am getting a "RequireJS error: require: field.autocomplete is not a function".
I have tried a lot of combinations but still haven't figured it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alexis

RE: Tapestry 5.4 - Question about Autocomplete

Posted by Alex Pasialis <ap...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Serge,

Sorry, I already know how to bind a mixin to a field.

Anyone else?

Thanks
Alexis

Posted by Alex Pasialis <ap...@hotmail.com>.
I am not using the tapestry-jquery library anymore. Tapestry's built-in Autocomplete is using JQuery now.
Can anyone post a simple working example please?

Thanks
Alexis

Posted by Emmanuel DEMEY <de...@gmail.com>.
The 5.4-alpha branch of Tapestry5-jQuery is not ready yet. i worked on it a
lot few months ago, but still some modifications to do.
Manu

Emmanuel DEMEY
Ingénieur Etude et Développement
ATOS Worldline
+33 (0)6 47 47 42 02
demey.emmanuel@gmail.com
http://emmanueldemey.fr/

Twitter : @EmmanuelDemey

Re: Tapestry 5.4 - Question about Autocomplete

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.