Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rafael Turk <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/23 13:25:49 UTC

Lucene and Google Web 1T 5 Gram

Hi Folks,

   I´m trying to load Google Web 1T 5 Gram to Lucene. (This corpus contains
English word n-grams and their observed frequency counts. The length of the
n-grams ranges from unigrams(single words) to five-grams)

   I´m loading each ngram (each row is a ngram) as an individual Document.
This way I´ll be able to search for each ngram separated, but I´m ending
with huge indexes witch makes them very hard to load and read the index.

  Is there a better way to load and read ngrams to a Lucene index? Maybe
using lower level api?

More Info about Google Web 1T 5 Gram corpus at:
<http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/docs/LDC2006T13/readme.txt>

Thanks,

Rafael

Re: Lucene and Google Web 1T 5 Gram

Posted by Rafael Turk <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Julien,

 I´ll definitely give it a try!!!

[]s

Rafael

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raphael,

Posted by Mathieu Lecarme <ma...@garambrogne.net>.
Rafael Turk a écrit :
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> *What do you wont to do?*
>
> An spell checker and related keyword suggestion

Here is a spell checker wich I try to finalize :
https://admin.garambrogne.net/projets/revuedepresse/browser/trunk/src/java

> If you wont an ngram => popularity map, just use a berkley DB, and use this
> information in your Lucene application. Lucene is a reversed index, Berkeley
> DB an index.
>
> *Great ideia! Berkeley DB is definitely a try, simple and effective, but
> I'll have to work the data previously. I was hopping to take advantage of
> Lucene's built in features*

Lucene provides nice tools without the need to index. Analyzer and
TokenFilter can help you, i guess.

M.

Re: Lucene and Google Web 1T 5 Gram

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
Rafael Turk skrev:

> *Great ideia! Berkeley DB is definitely a try, simple and effective, but
> I'll have to work the data previously.

JDBM has a more appealing license if you ask ASF.

            karl

Re: Lucene and Google Web 1T 5 Gram

Posted by Rafael Turk <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mathieu,

*What do you wont to do?*

An spell checker and related keyword suggestion

If you wont an ngram => popularity map, just use a berkley DB, and use this
information in your Lucene application. Lucene is a reversed index, Berkeley
DB an index.

*Great ideia! Berkeley DB is definitely a try, simple and effective, but
I'll have to work the data previously. I was hopping to take advantage of
Lucene's built in features*
**
*[]s*
**

Posted by Mathieu Lecarme <ma...@garambrogne.net>.
Rafael Turk a écrit :
> Hi Folks,
>
>    I´m trying to load Google Web 1T 5 Gram to Lucene. (This corpus contains
> English word n-grams and their observed frequency counts. The length of the
> n-grams ranges from unigrams(single words) to five-grams)
>
>    I´m loading each ngram (each row is a ngram) as an individual Document.
> This way I´ll be able to search for each ngram separated, but I´m ending
> with huge indexes witch makes them very hard to load and read the index.
>
>   Is there a better way to load and read ngrams to a Lucene index? Maybe
> using lower level api?
>

> More Info about Google Web 1T 5 Gram corpus at:
> <http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/docs/LDC2006T13/readme.txt>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rafael

What do you wont to do?