Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Talat Uyarer via user <us...@flink.apache.org> on 2023/04/11 00:37:12 UTC

Task Failure Strategy for Adaptive Scheduler

Hi All,

We use Flink 1.13 with reactive mode for our streaming jobs. When we have
an issue/exception on our pipeline. Flink rescheduled all tasks. Is there
any way to reschedule only task that had exceptions ?

Thanks

Re: Task Failure Strategy for Adaptive Scheduler

Posted by Talat Uyarer via user <us...@flink.apache.org>.
Hi David,

Yes We have multiple disjoint DAGs in one job. We want better CPU
utilization.  Open Source Flink has a scheduling issue with those types of
jobs. I made a fix on 1.13 with AS.  Now we are scheduling evenly for all
DAGs. However somehow when we get an exception on a DAG we dont want to
affect others and restart only whichever gets the exception. I believe the
Region Pipelined model is good for what the Default scheduler has.

Do you have anything in your mind that addresses restarting other than
Regioned Pipelines ?

Thanks

Posted by David Morávek <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Talat Uyarer via user <us...@flink.apache.org>.