Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/19 21:43:39 UTC

[struts-chain] Anyone get Tiles working with the chain?

I am having trouble getting a basic layout to work with the
struts-chain.  I'm using the o.a.s.c.legacy.TilesPlugin along with
ComposableRequestProcessor.  I'm also using an unaltered version of
chaing-config.xml that came with the contrib section.

I get an error saying 'default.view' does not start with a "/"
character which seems to indicate that Tiles did not properly load my
definition for 'default.view.'

Thanks,
sean

Re: [struts-chain] Anyone get Tiles working with the chain?

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
After a few hours of banging my head against the wall, I have figured
it out.  Here is the solution for those interested:

You need to modify the default chaing-config.xml to include the
TilesPreProcessor command.  The command is included in the contrib
section but its not part of the chain by default.

It also makes a difference where in the chain you put it.  I tried at
the beginning and that did not work.  After noticing the source code
was looking for a ForwardConfig, I moved it to second to last (just
before the PerformForward command.)

sean