Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Don Hill <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 18:35:51 UTC

maven question

I am working on a project that has many subprojects, from the root is there
a way to compile/install just a targeted subproject. I want to be able to
build/install proj1/sub

Thanks.

root/pom.xml

----proj1/pom.xml
----proj1/sub/pom.xml

Re: maven question

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
Hello Don,

a possible solution is to define a profile in your root/pom.xml where
you declare the submodule you want to 'isolate' somehow.

Something like:

<project>
         <profile>
             <id>build-proj1-sub</id>
             <modules>
                 <module>sub</module>
               </modules>
         </profile>
     </profiles>
</project>

once the profile is activated (-Pbuild-proj1-sub from command line,
only to mention one option), you'll change the module hierarchy so
that it will take into account only the submodule you want to build.

Il giorno 09/mar/07, alle ore 18:35, Don Hill ha scritto:

> I am working on a project that has many subprojects, from the root
> is there
> a way to compile/install just a targeted subproject. I want to be
> able to
> build/install proj1/sub
>
> root/pom.xml
>
> ----proj1/pom.xml
> ----proj1/sub/pom.xml

Valerio Schiavoni
http://jroller.com/page/vschiavoni

Re: maven question

Posted by Christian Goetze <cg...@miaow.com>.
Trouble is that this will not compile the prerequisite projects. You
would have to either accept the hit of a full reactor build or use your
inside knowledge and "cd" into all prerequisite subdirs, "mvn install"
those, then build your project.
--
cg

Re: maven question