Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Hang Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2022/01/10 06:47:44 UTC

[VOTE] PIP-122: Change loadBalancer default loadSheddingStrategy to ThresholdShedder

This is the voting thread for PIP-122. It will stay open for at least 48
hours.

https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/13340

Pasted below for quoting convenience.

----

### Motivation
The ThresholdShedder load balance policy since Pulsar 2.6.0 by
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/6772. It can resolve many load
balance issues of `OverloadShedder` and works well in many Pulsar
production clusters.

In Pulsar 2.6.0, 2.7.0, 2.8.0 and 2.9.0, Pulsar's default load balance
policy is `OverloadShedder`.

I think it's a good time for 2.10 to change default load balance
policy to `ThresholdShedder`, it will make throughput more balance
between brokers.

### Proposed Changes
In 2.10 release,for `broker.conf`, change
`loadBalancerLoadSheddingStrategy` from
`org.apache.pulsar.broker.loadbalance.impl.OverloadShedder` to
`org.apache.pulsar.broker.loadbalance.impl.ThresholdShedder`

Re: [VOTE] PIP-122: Change loadBalancer default loadSheddingStrategy to ThresholdShedder

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1
--
Matteo Merli
<ma...@gmail.com>

Posted by Neng Lu <nl...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Hang Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
Thanks for your participation.

Close this vote with 3 (+1) bindings and 5 (+1) non-bindings, 0 (-1).

Regards,
Hang

PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org> 于2022年1月13日周四 11:03写道:

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.