Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bear Giles <bg...@coyotesong.com> on 2009/09/15 17:58:39 UTC

null ${rep.home}

The boss wants me to double-double-check something.  The client really
does not want to have "unnecessary" files hanging around and even
putting ${rep.home} into ${java.io.tmpdir} makes them unhappy.  Is there
any way of eliminating even this?  We don't have a SearchIndex and all
of the FileSystem and PersistentManagers are backed by Oracle.  I'm
pretty sure this wasn't possible in 1.5 but don't know if it changed in 1.6.

Thanks,

Bear

Re: null ${rep.home}

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi,

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Bear Giles <bg...@coyotesong.com> wrote:
> The boss wants me to double-double-check something.  The client really does
> not want to have "unnecessary" files hanging around and even putting
> ${rep.home} into ${java.io.tmpdir} makes them unhappy.  Is there any way of
> eliminating even this?  We don't have a SearchIndex and all of the
> FileSystem and PersistentManagers are backed by Oracle.  I'm pretty sure
> this wasn't possible in 1.5 but don't know if it changed in 1.6.

a physical ${rep.home} directory is still required, at least so for
the repository lock
file which prevents multiple repository instantiation.

cheers
stefan