Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by pg31 <si...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/11 13:21:54 UTC

JDBC Thin Client does not return

Hi

I am running a long query using JDBCThin Client.
It is a CREATE INDEX query and it takes upto 20 minutes.

After, that I see using DBeaver that the Index is created.
I login into my Ignite Cluster and see that all the operations have been
completed (i.e. there are NO WAL updates happening, Checkpoints are all done
(since I see the message skipping checkpoints as there are no dirty pages))

But the above Query does not exit i.e. it keeps on running for hours. Seems
like the above query is kind of stuck.

    val conn = DriverManager.getConnection(jdbcURL)
    val stmt = conn.createStatement()
    Logger.LogInfo(s"Executing:${sqlQuery}")
    stmt.execute(sqlQuery)

Running the same query on smaller tables succeeds.(i.e. it returns)
The table on which I am running this query has around 60Million records
(This is the query:
CREATE INDEX IDX_V1 ON MY_TABLE (MY_COL ASC) PARALLEL 16)

I have tried it both with and without parallel.
Please let me know if anything else is required.

Thank You

Re: JDBC Thin Client does not return

Posted by Taras Ledkov <tl...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

I've not seen the thread dump from the node with order 3:
'CAA9E3DB-266B-4040-B059-19BD281D5821'
(corresponds to log: ignite-caa9e3db.0.log) and from other nodes too.
It may hep a lot if the thread dumps are created when the query hangs.
Server node + client app thread dumps - the best info.

But JDBC was connected to this node (looks like the nodes' logs).

The described case is not clear for me.

But i see a lot of strange log messages at the node with order 3:
[...][WARNING][grid-nio-worker-client-listener-0-#30][ClientListenerProcessor]
Closing NIO session because of unhandled exception [cls=class
o.a.i.i.util.nio.GridNioException, msg=Operation timed out]

[...][SEVERE][grid-nio-worker-client-listener-0-#30][ClientListenerProcessor]
Closing NIO session because of unhandled exception.
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Invalid handshake message

[...][WARNING][grid-nio-worker-tcp-comm-2-#26][TcpCommunicationSpi]
Unknown connection detected (is some other software connecting to this
Ignite port?) [rmtAddr=/x.x.x.x]

It looks like:
- some network clients/services are configured invalid.
- someone tried to hack you. Is not it?. %)

On 12.02.2020 8:31, pg31 wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thank You for the reply Denis.
>
> Please find the logs attached. The query was still running
> Create_IDX_Stuck.zip
> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2770/Create_IDX_Stuck.zip>

Taras Ledkov

Re: JDBC Thin Client does not return

Posted by pg31 <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello

I know all folks are busy with 2.8 release.
It would be great, if someone can spare a little time to look at the above
issue.

Thanks

Re: JDBC Thin Client does not return

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Could you please collect thread dumps from the servers and send them
together with the logs while the query is hanging?

-
Denis