Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tyler Palsulich <tp...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/14 22:45:44 UTC

Machine Specific Build Issues

Hi all,

Moving this discussion over to a new thread. Chris is testing with Java 1.7
on his machine. @Michael, you're having (different) tests fail on different
machines?

My computer is now passing all tests with OS X 10.9.4 and Java 1.6.0_65.
Tests failed with 1.7.0_65, I switched, and now they pass.

<quote>

> I'm having issues even passing the Commons tests on a clean install...

Working with Ross Laidlaw, we figured out that I was having a Java
versioning issue. I was using jdk1.7.0_65 and tests were not running and
failing completely silently. So, I downgraded to 1.6.0_65 and now all tests
pass.

Odd... Anyone have any thoughts on why? Can others build with 1.7?

Tyler

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Tyler Palsulich <tp...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The odd thing is, I can't find a failing test... Which doesn't make sense.
> Every commons test has 0 errors, 0 failures, and 0 skipped.
>
> I'd really like to avoid -DskipTests, for sanity's sake.
>
> Tyler
> On Jul 24, 2014 10:40 PM, "Tom Barber" <to...@meteorite.bi> wrote:
>
>> Hey Tyler,
>>
>> I've seen some failures but not this one before, can you dig out the
>> failure message from the surefire test? You could always just munge it and
>> try -DskipTests
>>
>> On 23/07/14 16:49, Tyler Palsulich wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks all! I'm looking forward to the roadmap call.
>>>
>>> Before then, I'm having issues even passing the Commons tests on a clean
>>> install... Here is the output of `mvn test -X`:
>>> https://paste.apache.org/75u9.
>>>
>>> ➜  mvn --version
>>> Apache Maven 3.2.1 (ea8b2b07643dbb1b84b6d16e1f08391b666bc1e9;
>>> 2014-02-14T09:37:52-08:00)
>>> Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.2.1/libexec
>>> Java version: 1.7.0_60, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>>> Java home:
>>> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_60.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
>>> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9.3", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
>>>
>>> TL;DR: I don't see any failed tests. -DfailIfNoTests=false doesn't help.
>>> My
>>> surefire directory doesn't have any failures.
>>>
>>> Is there any config that needs to be set up before install? Or, am I
>>> missing something in the output above?
>>>
>>> Thank for any help,
>>> Tyler

</quote>

Re: Machine Specific Build Issues

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
agreed, but everything in due time and course. If something doesn't
work; file an issue we'll work to prioritize it with folks time
and interest.

Thanks everyone.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Posted by Tyler Palsulich <tp...@gmail.com>.
> Think about running this code on Windows.
Good point! Let's pare down the statement, unix based machines. Or, at the
very least, two machines running the same OS and same version of Java (e.g.
OS X 10.9 and Java 1.7). I'll admit, running on all computers is a bit
optimistic. ;)

Tyler

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <

Posted by BW <bw...@mysoftcloud.com>.
Boundaries are good! ;)

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--