Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by tr...@pg.ebx.com on 2001/05/02 11:20:33 UTC

generate PDF problem

HEllo..can anybody tell me what's my mistake for generate the pdf file.

First, when i'm generate the pdf file using this commandline:

%JDK_BIN%\java -cp %CP% org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c   C:
\pdfs\Fop-0.18.1-DEV\conf\userconfig.xml  ebxoutput.fo sample.pdf

the PDF file successful generate. But if i change the commandline like
this:

%JDK_BIN%\java -cp %CP% org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c   C:
\pdfs\Fop-0.18.1-DEV\conf\userconfig.xml -awt ebxoutput.fo

because i want to displayed my pdf in screen, but error for reading my font
("Bitstream Cyberbit") in XSL..and the file that it generate just displayed
english words and the chinese words did not displayed.

What's the mistake. Did i have to set something in classpath or somewhere
if i'm using -awt in my commandline?

thank you

Re: generate PDF problem

Posted by Petr Andrs <pa...@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>.

On Wed, 2 May 2001 tr_cmhoo@pg.ebx.com wrote:

> HEllo..can anybody tell me what's my mistake for generate the pdf file.
>
> First, when i'm generate the pdf file using this commandline:
>
> %JDK_BIN%\java -cp %CP% org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c   C:
> \pdfs\Fop-0.18.1-DEV\conf\userconfig.xml  ebxoutput.fo sample.pdf
>
> the PDF file successful generate. But if i change the commandline like
> this:
>
> %JDK_BIN%\java -cp %CP% org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -c   C:
> \pdfs\Fop-0.18.1-DEV\conf\userconfig.xml -awt ebxoutput.fo
>
> because i want to displayed my pdf in screen, but error for reading my font
> ("Bitstream Cyberbit") in XSL..and the file that it generate just displayed
> english words and the chinese words did not displayed.
>
> What's the mistake. Did i have to set something in classpath or somewhere
> if i'm using -awt in my commandline?

When you are using -awt in command line you are rendering via java
drawing API, which has nothing to do with PDF. If you want display PDF
you need to create PDF file using -pdf optin and then display it by
Acrobat Reade or similar tool.

pa