Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/23 22:13:26 UTC

Fwd: Inter-widget communication with Wookie

Hi everyone,

Felix Mödritscher has kindly allowed me to forward this email with
slides from his students on implementing inter-widget communication in
Wookie. I know this topic has come up before on the list so I'm sure
it will be of interest to some folks here.

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Fwd: Inter-widget communication with Wookie

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 01/23/2010 10:13 PM, Scott Wilson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Felix Mödritscher has kindly allowed me to forward this email with
> slides from his students on implementing inter-widget communication in
> Wookie. I know this topic has come up before on the list so I'm sure it
> will be of interest to some folks here.

Wow, this is great.
I think further expanding on this and making this an integrated feature of Wookie would be very nice.
For our goals for integrating and embedding Wookie in portal environments, inter-wookie/widget communication will be a very important
feature, so I'm definitely interested in seeing further development in this area.

Ate

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 23/01/2010 22:48, Felix Mödritscher wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> Am 23.01.2010 22:56, schrieb Ross Gardler:
>> This is fantastic. I am particularly interested in the fact that the
>> students modified the code.
>> Any chances of getting that code donated as a patch once the marking
>> etc. is done?
> The students have to finalise the seminar work this week, and
> I have asked one of my colleagues to prepare an online
> demonstrator with the minimum example and the
> Wikipedia-GoogleMaps scenario. However I will be busy with
> deliverable writing in the next one or two weeks. I'll send
> you more about this project as soon as I had a look at the
> work and the sources. From the supervision of this group
> and the presentation I had the impression that at least one of
> the students had very good knowledge about the Wookie server
> and the problems of inter-widget communication. I would even say
> that this work is a surprisingly positive outcome for our students.

This is great news. If any of your students would like to work on
getting this into Wookie they may be interested to know of the new
Apache Community Development project. Our goal is to provide mentorship
for total newcomers to the ASF. This work has resulted directly form the
success of Google Summer of Code.

Of course, your students may want to consider applying for Google Summer
of Code itself too (assuming Google run it this year).
http://code.google.com/soc/

Ross

Re: Fwd: Inter-widget communication with Wookie

Posted by Felix Mödritscher <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ross,

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.