Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Casimiro Lovato-Winston <wi...@metnet.navy.mil> on 2002/11/05 19:26:28 UTC

Portal implementation of web based communities

Hello,

I am tasked with implementing a portal site that will implement groups and
community building. I have been working with Jetspeed but it seems that
UPortal may have more of what I need in terms of group management, document
exchange, chat, etc. I would like to stay with Jetspeed since I like it's
progress and community. So, I would like to know if other Jetspeed
admins/developers have built similar apps with Jetspeed and what are the
compelling reasons to not use something like Uportal and create Jetspeed
classes to  do the group/community type services.

Thanks for any and all input,

Casey