Posted to user@roller.apache.org by calpas <pa...@web.de> on 2006/06/13 23:13:13 UTC

Context [/roller] startup failed

This prob had one guy before :
On 5/9/06, AJ Chen

This is the prob:
 I have a problem when following the installation guide (for
 2.3-incubating) to install roller.  I copied the roller directory from
build
 directory to {tomcat}/webapps.  Created context configuration file named
 roller.xml and placed it in the Tomcat conf/Catalina/localhost directory.
 Started tomcat 5.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.9, but  Tomcat failed to start roller.
Here
 is the error message from catalina.out:

INFO: XML validation disabled
13.06.2006  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SCHWERWIEGEND: Error listenerStart
13.06.2006  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SCHWERWIEGEND: Context [/roller] startup failed due to previous errors

Here the error message from roller.log:
"
ERROR 2006-06-13 22:20:14,433 StandardContext:listenerStart - Error
configuring application listener of class
org.roller.presentation.RollerContext
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.roller.presentation.RollerContext
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1332)
"

I formerly had an installation of an roller dis, but i thought i had deleted
everything. find it curious that org.roller.presentation.RollerContext is
tried to be loaded where there are only org.apache.roller.* classes instead
!
cannot figure it out.
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Context [/roller] startup failed

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Deleting the corresponding subdirectory under your Tomcat "work" directory
would have worked.

You need not rename each time you install.

--a.