Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Liu, Ming (HPIT-GADSC)" <mi...@hp.com> on 2014/11/03 04:16:20 UTC

is there a HBase 0.98 hdfs directory structure introduction?

Hi, all,

I have a program to calculate the disk usage of hbase per table in hbase 0.94. I used to use the "hadoop fs -du" command against directory "$roodir/table" as the size a table uses, as described in HBase's ref guide: http://hbase.apache.org/book/trouble.namenode.html .
However, when we upgraded to HBase 0.98, the directory structure changed a lot. Yes, I can use "ls" to find the table directory and modify the program myself, but I wish there will be a good reference to learn more details about the change. The document on hbase official web site seems not updated. So can anyone help to briefly introduce the new directory structure or give me a link? It will be good to know what each directory is for.

Thanks,
Ming

RE: is there a HBase 0.98 hdfs directory structure introduction?

Posted by "Liu, Ming (HPIT-GADSC)" <mi...@hp.com>.
Thanks Ted for the short but very useful reply! ^_^
It is clear now.

In 0.98, you would find your table under the following directory:
$roodir/{namespace}/table

If you don't specify namespace at table creation time, 'default' namespace would be used.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.