Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Benkart Sascha (QI/SES1) *" <Sa...@de.bosch.com> on 2004/08/30 11:45:38 UTC

[httpClient] ClassLoader problem

Hi,

I'm using httpClient v2.0.1 with webMethods' Integration Server (IS). IS =
uses code units called packages to add functionality at runtime.
I add httpclient to a package and everytime I execute with SSL, I get a =
javax.crypto.Cipher ClassNotFoundException. IS uses its own =
JCE-implementation from company IAIK.=20
There's no problem to create a new Cipher object within my package, but =
within httpClient. I think there's a ClassLoader problem.

Is there a possibility to give the httpClient another ClassLoader? I =
only found instanciation of class Cipher in class NTLM, but I don't use =
NTLM.

Thanks,
Sascha

RE: [httpClient] ClassLoader problem

Posted by ol...@bluewin.ch.
Hi Sascha,

I believe you can work this problem around by providing a custom socket factory
that creates secure sockets using IAIK SSL directly, rather than through
the JSSE.

See the HttpClient SSL guide for details

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

I have been using HttpClient with IAIK SSL in production for three years.
It just takes a custom socket factory to get them coexist quite well.

On the classloader issue, HttpClient 2.0.x does not load classes dynamically.
So there's no way to get it to use another classloader

Hope this helps

Oleg