Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by michael thomas <co...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/02 05:08:07 UTC

question - are errors in the mod_jk logs TRULY errors?

Hello,

We've been working hard to debug networking issues
that we believe we have.  No matter what we do,
though, we still seem to get at least SOME errors in
mod_jk.log

The system seems to work fine from a user's
perspective, but we still occasionally get these:

[Wed Mar 01 20:00:42 2006] [error]
ajp_connection_tcp_get_message::jk_ajp_common.c (961):
Can't receive the response message from tomcat,
network problems or tomcat is down (10.0.0.9:8009),
err=-113
[Wed Mar 01 20:00:42 2006] [error]
ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (1503): Tomcat is down
or refused connection. No response has been sent to
the client (yet)
[Wed Mar 01 20:00:42 2006] [info]
ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1721): Receiving from
tomcat failed, recoverable operation attempt=0
[Wed Mar 01 20:00:42 2006] [info]
ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1749): Sending request
to tomcat failed,  recoverable operation attempt=1

We don't get them that often... about once every 30
minutes.  Then again, we don't have much traffic right
now.  Only about 700 visitors a day, with about 15
page views per visitor.

Are these error messages a normal part of mod_jk, or
do they definitely indicate some sort of problem (like
network issues)?

We are using mod_jk 1.2.15, Apache 2.0.55 and Tomcat
5.5.15?

For what it's worth, we have other completely separate
system setups using mod_jk2, and they also all seem to
get occasional ajp errors.  This is our first setup
using mod_jk, and we are assuming these errors are a
bad thing.

Thanks,
-Michael