Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2001/07/09 19:43:18 UTC

Re: ASP.pm and script %main (name-table) !?

ivan wrote:

> hi,
>
> How can I access the current script name-table from module.
> I'm currently using :
> $main::XXX  = "123";
>
> Then in the script :
>
> print $XXX;
>
> but this access the ASP %main not the script %main

There is an Apache::ASP mailing list for discussing
these things, which you can subscribe to at

  asp-subscribe@perl.apache.org

> ... Is there a way to access script "main" package and pull data there....
> I'm working with ASP.pm-mod_perl

If you defined globals in global.asa, or initialize
in Script_OnStart, then it will be seen in your ASP
scripts, otherwise in your ASP script you could
access $XXX the same way you defined it:

  print $main::XXX

--Josh