Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2014/12/04 23:57:47 UTC

felix webconsole: human-readable factory config entry labels

some days ago i submitted a patch to have better readable labels for factory configuration entries in felix console - instead of the GUIDs which require to click on every single item if you search for a specific entry.

see [1] for details and a screenshot what i'm pointing at.

WDYT of such a solution?

the provided patch will need some polishing, but i think this is a very important enhancement of configuration usability in the console. if you agree I would finalize the patch. if we can at least update to JDK 1.5 the patch could be simplified.

stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4710

RE: felix webconsole: human-readable factory config entry labels

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
ok - i will do the work that is left on the patch, but keep it on JDK 1.4 (sigh), and hopefully it then can be applied.

stefan

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

> Am 09.12.2014 um 15:57 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>:
>
> I think we don't need to support 1.4 with the web console anymore.
> I guess we could directly go at least to Java 6, but Java 5 is imho
> definitely fine.

Careful !

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.