Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Cam Bazz <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/20 13:18:40 UTC

nutch advanced usage tutorial

Hello,

So, I installed nutch, and we are going. Is there an advanced user tutorial?

I am interested in how to schedule crawls. What I like to do is crawl
newspapers, like everyday in the morning, my crawler goes and looks at
specific newspaper sites and gets them. Do I have to do this with
crontab, or there are other mechanisms.

Also, I am interested in how the link analysis thing works. I looked at
the source code, (java) but could not find much. There is one interface
called LinkAnalysisEntry, but I need information on how the link
analysis is done. I am experienced on graph theory and graph algorithms
for social networks, so I like to have a look.

Thank you.
-C.Bazz <ca...@gmail.com>