Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/09 16:16:57 UTC

Re: is Roller good for conventional non-blog website?

Hi, no, Apache Roller is for blogs and only blogs.  Webpage authoring
software is outside of its scope. However, when you say "conventional
website", you're primarily saying static (hardcoded) HTML pages which
can be placed in a specified location ( dependent on the HTTP Server or
servlet container you're using) and retrieved directly from a browser.
If you're using Tomcat, for example, and you place a sample html page in
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/roller/test.html you should be able to retrieve the
HTML at http://localhost:8080/roller/test.html (that is, providing you
have roller deployed there).  The user mailing list for whatever server
you're using can provide more detailed help.

Glen

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
In case it's not obvious, I meant to say "It is true that Roller is
intended for blog sites, but..."

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.