Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2009/08/17 01:23:10 UTC

Reverting back to Apache parent pom version 4

Hi all,

For our project pom. I am reverting back to using the ASF wide version 4
pom.  Version 5 removed the old repositories where ssh access to people .
apache.org was used to deploy releases.  This supposedly is outdated
although still active.

A new repository using this Nexus server is running on repository.apache.org.
Instead of using ssh to upload releases this server uses webdav and has some
kind of feature for publishing and releasing deployments with staging.  To
use this we'll have to vote on it and then ask the maven folks to give us
access to this Nexus server.  That will take time though so for this release
I'll use the old way of ssh pushing the release to people.apache.org.

For more reading on this matter consult the following JIRA issue and
documentation:

----
[0] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896
[1] - http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html

Cheers!
--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: Reverting back to Apache parent pom version 4

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Sorry I just got back from my day.  It took much longer than I had thought.
> Anyways working this release right now.  Hope all goes well.

Finger crossed !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Reverting back to Apache parent pom version 4

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I just got back from my day.  It took much longer than I had thought.
Anyways working this release right now.  Hope all goes well.

Alex

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Ok guys,

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>wrote:

> Hi Alex,
> Actually, I faced the same situation the last time I wanted to release
> Studio (version 1.4.0).
>
> No need to downgrade to ASF wide version 4 pom. You can use the version 5
> and override the 'release.altDeploymentRepository' property by this one in
> your settings.xml file:
>
> <release.altDeploymentRepository>-DaltDeploymentRepository=apache.release::default::scpexe://
> people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
> </release.altDeploymentRepository>

Ahhhh.  Ok we'll need to upgrade back again then. I guess this goes into a
settings.xml 'release' profile? Can you show me a little context around
this?

> This will force the deployment on the old repository on people.apache.org.

Excellent.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Alex,