Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2006/05/18 15:00:02 UTC

Chat log - Topic M2 Release schedule

<paulfremantle> RC1 May 19th
<paulfremantle> RC2 + vote May 23rd
<paulfremantle> Start Incubator vote May 26th
<paulfremantle> Release Tues 30th

Full chat log follows:

<paulfremantle> hi
<paulfremantle> anyone there?
* ant_ has joined #apache-synapse
<ant_> hi
<saminda> hi
<asankha> hi
<paulfremantle> any sign of Glen?
<paulfremantle> Rajith? you there?
<asankha> i dont think rajith is there...
<paulfremantle> ok
<ant_> JavaOne probably has some people busy
<paulfremantle> i see his name but doesn't mean hes there
<paulfremantle> true
<paulfremantle> probably Glen
<paulfremantle> anyway
<paulfremantle> subject today
<paulfremantle> M2 release
<asankha> yes,..
<asankha> shall we finalize on the plan and the dates
<paulfremantle> exactly
<paulfremantle> The first question
<paulfremantle> can you give us a quick status update asankha
<paulfremantle> and then we can talk about whether there is anything missing
<asankha> ok.. ive completely implemented the new synapse configuration
language (as per the original
wiki) - except for loadbalancing and failover for the send mediator and
xquery xformation support
<asankha> in addition, the spring support is enhanced, and synapse
starts up at axis2 startup
<asankha> weve also checked in new unit tests, and samples which
showcase the new constructs and features
<asankha> and the correlation stuff is also in there..
<asankha> right now im making the validation mediator an "extension" as
well - so that core synapse will not be dependent on the xerces parser
<asankha> Im also updating documentation.. and will next look into the
deprecation and SLA mediators by infravio to get them updated to current
level
<paulfremantle> wow impressive
<asankha> i should be able to get a RC out by EOD tommorow
<paulfremantle> i think its worth doing a release based on this
<paulfremantle> because it will get feedback on the new model
<paulfremantle> and help stabilize the foundation
<paulfremantle> if we have a RC tomorrow
<asankha> yes, that will really help us.. and also feedback on code,
unit tests, samples and doc level etc
<paulfremantle> we could do any obvious bugfixes by Tuesday
<paulfremantle> and then have a vote
<paulfremantle> and if the vote goes ok, we can pass it to the incubator
team on friday for approval
<paulfremantle> and then make the release monday week
<paulfremantle> So the schedule would be
<paulfremantle> RC1 May 19th
<paulfremantle> RC2 + vote May 23rd
<paulfremantle> Start Incubator vote May 26th
<paulfremantle> Release Tues 30th
<paulfremantle> seem reasonable?
<asankha> ok..this sounds good. i will get saminda's help to make the RC
and host it by EOD tommorow
<paulfremantle> ok i'm happy to be the release manager again
<ant_> you guys must be pro's, we've been trying to do a Tuscany M1
release for weeks now...
<paulfremantle> optimists!
<paulfremantle> whats been the hold up?
<paulfremantle> any lessons we need to know :-)
<ant_> keep finding more bugs
<paulfremantle> ah
<paulfremantle> well that may be true here too
<paulfremantle> that schedule relies on us testing it between fri and tues
<paulfremantle> do we need longer?
<paulfremantle> (also Synapse is so much smaller than Tuscany :-) )
<asankha> ant.. did you get a chance to play with the new synapse yet?
<ant_> not much no, i've been real busy with Tuscany, fingers crossed,
after tomorrow i'll have more time
<asankha> i know that jaliya started to play with it last night..
<ant_> so i should have time btw fri and tue to play with it
<asankha> great
<ant_> i'd like to look at adding Synapse bindings to Tuscany like we
have for Celtix, so it would be good if there's a stable Synapse M2
release for that
<saminda> would give my level best to get the releases going asankha
<paulfremantle> that would be great
<paulfremantle> can we try to have at least Ant, Saminda, Me try it
thoroughly before we go for the incubator vote
<ant_> fine for me
<paulfremantle> Asankha... im not leaving you out :-) I mean in addition
to all the work you've done!!!
<paulfremantle> does anyone know if there is any concept of a hackathon
at apachecon europe?
<ant_> and Glen as well hopefully
<paulfremantle> yes I will ping him about it
<asankha> i thinkso Paul.. the guys here were talking about it
<paulfremantle> well lets see if there's enough Synapse hackers at the conf
* sanjiva__ has quit IRC (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
<paulfremantle> be nice if we could do one
<asankha> Paul.. im changing the spring support a bit right now as
discussed.. so dont look at that code yet.. but others and samples are
almost ready..
<paulfremantle> ok :-)
<asankha> i guess we are done for today then?
<asankha> i will post the chat log..
<ant_> ok
<paulfremantle> great
<paulfremantle> bye folds