Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Guyatt <pg...@telesoft-technologies.com> on 2003/10/14 16:45:37 UTC

Tomcat not shutting down correctly

Hi There,

	I was hoping someone will be able to shed some light on a problem I am
having with stopping tomcat.

I use the attached shell script to start/stop tomcat, the problem is that
when I use the stop argument Tomcat just seems to hang.

The Catalina socket is closed, however the HTTP socket is kept alive but
stops processing any requests, The only way to stop this is to use kill on
the process id.

I would very much appreciate any light that someone could shed on this.

Thanks

Pete