Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2023/05/16 20:46:12 UTC

How to handle CN domain name request.

I see the following information request concerning the Juneau name
trademark.  Anyone know if this is valid or if there is a certain way to
handle this in Apache?

*Dear Manager, *
*(If you are not the person who is in charge of this, please forward this
to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks!) *

*We are a Network Service Company which mainly deal with the domain name
registration in Shanghai, China.On May 15, 2023, we received an application
from Feikai Holdings Ltd requested "juneau" as their internet keyword and
China (CN) domain names( juneau.cn/ <http://juneau.cn/> juneau.com.cn/
<http://juneau.com.cn/> juneau.net.cn/ <http://juneau.net.cn/>
juneau.org.cn <http://juneau.org.cn>). But after checking it, we find this
name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with
this matter better, it’s necessary to send email to you and confirm whether
this company is your distributor or business partner in China? *

*Kind regards *
*Kenny *
*\----------------------------- *
*Mr.Kenny Tang | Services & Operating Manager *
*Asia Network | Headquarters | w w w[.]asiane twork[.]org[.]cn *
*T: 0086-1348-281-914 7 | Tel: 0086-21-61-918-696 | Fax:
0086-21-61-918-697 *
*\---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*

*Tip: Please Add mail sender account to your contacts to make sure our
response does not end up in your spam folder.*

Re: How to handle CN domain name request.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Wow, thanks for the pointer.

Gary

Fwd: How to handle CN domain name request.

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org>.
Nevermind...appears to be a scam...
https://www.onlinethreatalerts.com/article/2019/10/17/china-domain-name-registration-scams/