Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ralf Rublack <ma...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> on 2009/03/10 18:06:03 UTC

SqlException with jetspeed 2.1.3-dev

Hi,

i got an strange problem with the BatchedStatistics.
my catalina.log contains a lot of this exceptions:

java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Data truncation: Data too long for
column 'PAGE' at row 1 at
com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.executeBatch(ServerPreparedStatement.java:665)
at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeBatch(DelegatingStatement.java:297)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.statistics.impl.BatchedStatistics.flush(BatchedStatistics.java:174)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.statistics.impl.BatchedStatistics.checkAndDoFlush(BatchedStatistics.java:87)
at
org.apache.jetspeed.statistics.impl.BatchedStatistics.run(BatchedStatistics.java:133)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

and the tables are not truncat so that it reach 1GB size in 1 week

the analyses get me an max value of 72 for the column 'PAGE' on table
'PAGE_STATISTICS' and 'PORTLET_STATISTICS'

 i use an tomcat 5.5.26 with jetspeed 2.1.3-dev
andPAGE_STATISTICS mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar within an mysql
db ver 5.0.45

the same configuration used with mysql-connector-java-3.0.17-ga-bin.jar
is without this error.

someone else with the same problem?

greetings

--

Ralf Rublack
University of Leipzig

Re: SqlException with jetspeed 2.1.3-dev

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
dtaylor@onehippo.com  www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, Suite Q Petaluma CA 94952
+1 (877) 41-HIPPO

On Mar 10, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Ralf Rublack wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i got an strange problem with the BatchedStatistics.
> my catalina.log contains a lot of this exceptions:
>
> java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Data truncation: Data too long for
> column 'PAGE' at row 1 at

Sounds like you had a really long path in your page name
You can alter the table to make the PAGE column longer

> com
> .mysql
> .jdbc
> .ServerPreparedStatement.executeBatch(ServerPreparedStatement.java:
> 665)
> at
> org
> .apache
> .commons
> .dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeBatch(DelegatingStatement.java:297)
> at
> org
> .apache
> .jetspeed
> .statistics.impl.BatchedStatistics.flush(BatchedStatistics.java:174)
> at
> org
> .apache
> .jetspeed
> .statistics
> .impl.BatchedStatistics.checkAndDoFlush(BatchedStatistics.java:87)
> at
> org
> .apache
> .jetspeed
> .statistics.impl.BatchedStatistics.run(BatchedStatistics.java:133)
>
> and the tables are not truncat so that it reach 1GB size in 1 week

Statistics get a little verbose. You can configure statistics to write
to the db, log files, or both:

         <!-- logToCLF -->
       	<constructor-arg index='0' type="boolean"><value>true</value></
constructor-arg>

		<!-- logToDatabase -->
       	<constructor-arg  index='1'  type="boolean"><value>false</
value></constructor-arg>

Maybe its best to configure to write to the log file only