Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de> on 2011/12/04 17:01:43 UTC

Slotmem/socache module names vs. provider names

mod_slotmem_plain	"plain"
mod_slotmem_shm		"shared"	!

mod_socache_dbm		"dbm"
mod_socache_dc		"dc"
mod_socache_memcache	"mc"		!
mod_socache_shmcb	"shmcb"

Should we align the provider names with the module names? E.g. change
"shared" to "shm" and "mc" to "memcache"?

Re: Slotmem/socache module names vs. provider names

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Dec 4, 2011, at 11:01 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> mod_slotmem_plain	"plain"
> mod_slotmem_shm		"shared"	!
>
> mod_socache_dbm		"dbm"
> mod_socache_dc		"dc"
> mod_socache_memcache	"mc"		!
> mod_socache_shmcb	"shmcb"
>
> Should we align the provider names with the module names? E.g. change "shared" to "shm" and "mc" to "memcache"?

+1

Re: Slotmem/socache module names vs. provider names

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 12/4/2011 10:01 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> mod_slotmem_plain    "plain"
> mod_slotmem_shm        "shared"    !
>
> mod_socache_dbm        "dbm"
> mod_socache_dc        "dc"
> mod_socache_memcache    "mc"        !
> mod_socache_shmcb    "shmcb"
>
> Should we align the provider names with the module names? E.g. change "shared" to "shm"
> and "mc" to "memcache"?

And can we just call a shm a shm, even if it was a shmcb variant?

+1

Re: Slotmem/socache module names vs. provider names

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On 04 Dec 2011, at 6:01 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> mod_slotmem_plain	"plain"
> mod_slotmem_shm		"shared"	!
>
> mod_socache_dbm		"dbm"
> mod_socache_dc		"dc"
> mod_socache_memcache	"mc"		!
> mod_socache_shmcb	"shmcb"
>
> Should we align the provider names with the module names? E.g. change "shared" to "shm" and "mc" to "memcache"?

Yes please.

Regards,
Graham