Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by JunXu Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2021/04/10 12:58:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] Support HTTPS for Apache APISIX Dashboard

Hi, Community,

Now APISIX Dashboard does not support HTTPS access, which is not safe and
easy to be hijacked and sniffed.

We should support HTTPS access. We have two options to support HTTPS.

Option 1
Use APISIX to proxy Dashboard, and APISIX provides HTTPS support.
Generally, people will not directly expose Dashboard to the Internet, and
it is natural to use APISIX to proxy. And in this option, Dashboard does
not need to be changed.

Option 2
The Dashboard Manager API directly supports HTTPS.
The advantage of this is that it can also support HTTPS without using
APISIX or other servers to proxy Dashboard. And people can also continue to
choose option 1.

Do you think it is necessary to directly support HTTPS in the Dashboard
Manager API?

Thanks!

Re: [DISCUSS] Support HTTPS for Apache APISIX Dashboard

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
^_^

Got it, looks good to me then.

Bisakh Mondal <bi...@gmail.com>于2021年4月10日 周六下午10:43写道:

--
来自 琚致远

Re: [DISCUSS] Support HTTPS for Apache APISIX Dashboard

Posted by Bisakh Mondal <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Zhiyuan,

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.

--